Frequently Asked Questions


How do I make a booking?

Please go to the Contact Information page and send us your request.

How do I cancel a booking?

Cancellations can be done by phone or email. Please see the Contact Information page for phone numbers.

What time is Boarding and Check out?

Boarding time is 1pm. Checkout is 8am one week later.

Deposits & Payments

How much is the deposit?

A minimum deposit of $1000.00 must accompany any reservation for our 65, Super 65 and 75 foot houseboats.

Is the deposit refundable?

Yes. You must provide 150 days notice to receive a full refund

What forms of payment do you take?

Cash and cheque are the only forms of payment accepted.

Do you accept U.S. funds?


Arrival & Check-In

How early should I arrive?

Boading time is 1pm. Please do not arrive early. Your boat will be returning from a previous booking and must be cleaned and groomed before we can release it to you.

Where should I go to check in?

We have a brand new building to accommodate our guests with checking in. Our new facility has office space and a gift shop selling a variety of clothing and memorabilia. Please go to our Location pages for specific directions.


What kinds of fish are available?

Walleye (Pickeral), Northern Pike, Bass, Muskellunge (catch & release only), and Perch with Lake Trout accessible.

What is the lake water level this year?

The forecast is for normal to high water levels this year, depending on the amount of rain. A great website to look at is the water level and flow information website for Lac Seul,

Do I need a fishing license?

Yes. Each individual fishing the waters of Canada must be in possession of a valid license. The license must be kept on your person while fishing.

How do I get a fishing license?

Both Canadian and U.S. residents may purchase a fishing license when you check-in. We have a new computerized system for faster service. If you are returning, please make sure you have your Outdoor Card from the previous year with you. You can also purchase your license online. Please visit the Links page for more information.

Where can I get bait (minnows etc.)?

Bait is available at the 5 Mile Corner (Esso gas station). They offer minnows, leeches and worms and are located at the turn off of Hwy 72 to Hudson, Hwy 664. We can place your order in advance for you so that it is ready to be picked up as you drive by on your way to our dock.


Do I need a passport to cross the border?


You will not need a passport to enter Canada. You will need proof of your citizenship, such as a birth certificate, certificate of citizenship or naturalization, as well as photo identification. However, the United States, as of June 1, 2009, requires either a passport, passport card, an enhanced driver's license or a "Trusted Traveller" program card in order to enter.

You can find further information on admissibility into Canada by viewing the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web Site. Further information on returning to the United States can be seen by going to the United States Customs and Border Protection

Can I bring pets across the border?

Yes - with limitations and restrictions, however we do not allow pets aboard the houseboats.

Can I bring hunting weapons across the border?

Yes - with limitations and restrictions. See the Customs Information for Visitors to Canada and Seasonal Residents.

Can I bring my kids across the border?

Yes - with proper identification. See the Customs Information for Visitors to Canada and Seasonal Residents.

Can I bring tobacco and/or alcohol across the border?

Yes - with limitations and restrictions. See the Customs Information for Visitors to Canada and Seasonal Residents.


Are there bugs?

Yes. This is part of the Canadian wilderness. It is recommended that you bring a good bug repellent and mosquito coils.

What temperature range can I expect?

Summer daytime highs are normally above 25oC (77oF) and drop as low as 5oC (41oF) at night.

Are there any restrictions to having camp fires?

See the map of Current Fire Restriction Zones.